Today is my 23rd birthday!
I used to hate my birthday; I'd rather celebrate another person's birthday any day. But since turning 20 I've actually come to enjoy it!!
Last year, I wrote 22 things I have learned in 22 years of being on planet Earth.
This year, I'm writing another 23 things!
Here we go!
1. If you don't love what you're doing, don't do it - Job related woes... Seriously, what have I been thinking?! More on that later.
2. It's okay to be a crazy cat lady - I miss my cat. And I'm getting a cat in the near future.
3. It's also okay to be a crazy dog lady - Which I am as well.
|Follow @heytayk on Instagram if you love Labradoodles!|
4. Run with other people or with a club - I used to be a total solo runner. Now I dread running by myself!
5. Tea is amazing - Enough said.
|I love this picture!|
6. Scuba diving is possibly even more amazing - Also enough said. I want to be certified NOW.
7. It's okay to sit in bed and read all day long - and finish the book in a day as well....
8. It's also okay to sit in bed and re-read the same books you've already read all day long - See #7.
9. Good pickles (gherkins?!) are SO HARD to find in England - Seriously, it's okay to sell pickled eggs and pickled onions in this country, but I have not found good PICKLES. (Except by getting a boatload on my Subway sandwich.)
10. Finding out one of your fave stores ships abroad (for free!!!) may not be a good thing - Lululemon... you will be the death of me and my bank account. Side note, if you didn't know Lululemon was sold in the UK, now you do! You're welcome!
|But now I have a top to match my Team Sparkle skirt! And that's the most important thing...|
11. If you don't like heels, don't wear heels! - Easy enough lesson right? Wrong. I always end up heels in hand in the middle of a night out. I've vowed never to wear heels again. I like flats. Judge me.
12. Don't roll your ankle, fall over, and cry in front of the sub 3:00 marathoners in your running club - Now I'm not saying that I've personally done this (yes I am), but just don't do it. Awkward!
13. Always go 'Ultimate' at TGIFridays - Margaritas the size of your head. It's worth it.
14. Going to a concert by yourself is actually fun - No shame here. Thought I was going to look like a doughnut sitting by myself, but actually had a grand old time.
15. Don't eat olives before you run - I learned the hard way.
16. Germany and Belgium are amazing - Travel there. You won't be sorry.
17. Egypt is also amazing - I'd go back to Sharm El Sheikh in a heartbeat.
|Not in Sharm... but still a great experience!|
18. Don't feel bad if you don't know what you want to do with your life - Just be happy! Things will fall into place!
19. If you want the polka dot trousers, just buy the polka dot trousers - Don't let thoughts like 'are these weird?' or 'will these make me look stupid?' stop you. Just buy them! Everyone loves polka dots!
20. Just because you don't know how to iron doesn't make you any less of an adult - I refuse to iron. I just do.
21. Salt and Vinegar flavour works for everything - Crisps, chips, peanuts, rice cakes. Who woulda thought?!
22. Wear sparkles often - See Team Sparkle skirt above for prime example.
23. Sing Taylor Swift songs all day every day - 'I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22' (not anymore, oops!)
See you in a year for 24 more life lessons from an older and wiser Taylor!