Home About Me FAQs Races Contact

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Scuba Diving In Egypt - Boat Trip Part 2

It seems like every Egypt post I have done so far I've said "this was the best" or "this was our favorite part!"

I think scuba diving in the Red Sea takes the cake though!!

What we did was called a "Discovery Dive". Basically we took a crash course on how to scuba dive properly. We had a certified diver with us at all times.


Scuba diving was both easier and harder than I thought it would be. I thought it would be really easy to get water in your mouth or in your goggles, or to forget how to breathe right into the oxygen tank, but it actually wasn't that bad!

I also thought it would be easy swimming around down there. Nope. Not for me. Alex was a natural scuba diver and was able to let go of our guides arm. Me, on the hand, well I started floating up any time the guide let go of me. So I just grabbed on to him the whole time! Oops!


(That's the "I'm Okay!" hand sign.)

Despite all of my difficulties when it came to the actual "diving" part, I'd definitely scuba dive again!

We ended up going down about 5 meters and spent a good 20-25 down there exploring the coral and seeing a ridiculous amount of fish. We even saw a sting ray!


Look at that fish trying to photo bomb me here! Rude!


(I know I know I'm making that silly hand sign in every picture. The photographer told me to!)

Alex and I decided right then and there that we want to look into getting certified! It was one of the best experiences of my life!

Have you ever been scuba diving or is it something you want to try??

4 comments:

  1. We got scuba certified for our honeymoon in Belize and it was THE BEST diving I have ever done. We also did a dive in Egypt, lots of fish life, but you can't beat the coral in Belize.

    Plus, being scuba certified means lots of beach vacations which is perfect for us Londoners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to get certified for scuba diving. Just seems useful when all the places I want to vacation at have some body of water that would make scuba diving a fun activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing. I am too afraid of getting certified... but it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my PADI diving certificate last year, and also went diving in the Red Sea...it was amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love reading what you have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!