Home About Me FAQs Races Contact

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I'm Running Half Of London

Yep, I've got the bug.

I've watched people #RunForBoston while I've been busy and too tired to put on my sneakers (trainers? Yeah I forgot I'm in England.)

I've watched people run the London Marathon for themselves, in a camel suit, because it's their job or because they're proving to themselves that it's possible.

I've scoured the internet for the next big race that I'm as passionate about as Brighton.

Although it's not until September, I'm all signed up and excited to run the Nike Run to the Beat Half Marathon in London!

Remember, day month year! We're in England, here!

And it hit me last week that I want... maybe even need... to do more.

So that's why I decided that I'm running this particular half for charity. 

Over the past few years I've watched one of my best friends run her heart out and do it selflessly. And I always thought "Wow. The patience, the drive, the imagination, the passion she has for raising money for charity. I'm so lazy; I've never even tried."

So I started researching. Before I made my final decision, I wanted to see a list of all the charities here in England that I could run for. They had a search engine, so I just typed in "cancer". The very first name on the list was Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust, and I was sold instantly.

I've never done this before. I feel like I can run 13.1 miles no problem! But the raising money bit, I'm going to need to get creative! I'm going to need all the help I can get!!

Have you even to raise money for charity?? How did you accomplish your goals??

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! That makes me want to run it! Since I'm only over here in Dublin...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love reading what you have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!