Home About Me FAQs Races Contact

Monday, November 5, 2012

Cheeky Bit Of Wedding Jealousy (And Can I Ask You a Favo(u)r??)

Hello all, I hope you had a lovely weekend!

This past Saturday, the Fiance and I went to a wedding celebration in Bristol.


It was my first ever British wedding! And to tell you the truth it got me very excited for my own British wedding.

Honestly, I haven't been to many weddings in my life, so this was the first one where I was old enough to 1) care, 2) realize what was going on, and 3) be jealous!

I saw the bride and groom mingling with everyone and being incredibly busy yet incredibly joyful all at the same time, and I thought I can't wait for that to be me. Selfish thought at another wedding, I know, but the realization that this is what life is, people who love each other get married and it's beautiful, was enough to bring a tear to my eye.

Also this weekend, Expatsblog.com launched the entries for their October 2012 contest. I think it's great to be a part of such a helpful and global community, and everyone a part of it deserves to have their story told.

If I could ask a favo(u)r (favor... favour.... oh expat problems) of you guys, I would love it if you could visit my entry and write a comment about you felt about it. It's my story of becoming an expat; every good, bad, confusing, terrifying, and exhausting part of my long distance relationship and my process of obtaining the visa that put me where I am today. Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read it and for connecting with my journey.

Finally in England! (Don't judge me for my Primark bag please!)

Have a lovely Monday, and Happy Guy Fawkes Night (aka Fireworks Night) for my side of the pond! (Penny for the guy?? What guy, you ask?? Well I will let you know after I've experienced Fireworks Night for myself!)

1 comment:

  1. Crazy how different some wedding traditions can be across the pond! Oh, and I would never judge you for your Primark bag, it just means that you know where to find the best deals :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love reading what you have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!