Home About Me FAQs Races Contact

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Sounds of Nature and a Dying iPod

This has been a good week for running but a tough week for my iPod. I swear, it has a mind of its own now. It's an iPod Touch, but the "touch" part of it only works when it feels like it. And when does it NOT feel like it? When I need to hit the lap button or when I need to slide to unlock it. Basically any time I need it.

So my runs have been productive and averaging a close to an 11:00 minute mile or less (yayyyy!!!). I swear, since the Olympics have been on (which I am obsessed with!!) I've been a lot more motivated to run. Seeing all those people from all over the world accomplish so much makes me want to accomplish my goals. I mean, seeing the runners in the Olympics run more than twice as fast as me should put me off. However, I don't see it like that. These athletes passion and determination makes me so happy to feel like an athlete.

Thank you, Olympics! You get the award for getting me off my ass and making me hit the pavement with your inspirational stories and competitors!

Now I'll become a Negative Nancy, so let me bitch and moan for my iPod for a bit.

The fact that I don't have a perfectly functioning iPod (I know, I know, hash tag first world problems) is preventing me from actually running MORE! I have the stamina to run more but after about 2 miles it gets so frustrating to put up with the "lack of touch" aspect of my iTouch. Yesterday, I tried running both without music and the stopwatch app (because both the touch and the music part of my iPod were failing miserably) and I hated it. I know I need to learn how to just like to run, but I honestly don't. I like running AND listening to music AND seeing any improvements I've made since my last run. My brain just goes a mile a minute (no pun intended) when I run without it and time seems to go too slowly, and I'm not afraid to admit I get bored of it.

I could go on for ages complaining about my iPod, but I think that's enough for now. I am now patiently waiting the Olympic diving coverage (even though I already stalked the results) while eating leftover frozen yogurt. What a cool Saturday night I am living! Oh well, I like my date with fro-yo and British diver Tom Daley. See, I wasn't lying when I said I like all things British!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love reading what you have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!