Home About Me FAQs Races Contact

Friday, August 24, 2012

It's The Little Things...

Have you ever noticed that it's the little things that get you down? I'm 100% guilty of it.

The bigger picture is so much more exciting. I'm moving to England. That's the bigger picture.

But it's all those teeny tiny little details that make everything more stressful. Like selling my car. And buying a plane ticket. And cleaning out 22 years worth of belongings. And figuring out what's essential to bring. Are 15 pairs of shoes essential to bring?

This is me narrowing down my shoes. I use the phrase "narrowing down" quite loosely. 

Recently, however, it's the little things that have been keeping me sane.

My brain went on quite the tangent the other night and I'd like to share it with you.

(And don't get your hopes up... it's actually quite stupid... don't expect the secrets of life to come out of this)

First of all, anything pumpkin flavored always has my undivided attention over anything else typically. I think fall tastes so much better than any other season. I'm not lying when I said I was born in the wrong area of the globe. I like cold, and seasons, and PUMPKIN, and more cold.

So when I saw these bad boys.... "Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies"..... I knew it was going to be a good day.
It's the little things sometimes...

AND THEN!

I had this whole happy party in my head about pumpkin flavored things, which led me to thinking.... I'm moving to England! Where they put U's in words that American's don't! So in England, it's actually pumpkin flavoured things. And I don't know how I feel about that... It definitely weirds me out a bit.

And I KNOW I KNOW the rest of the world spells it like that and America just decides to be special. Just let me have my moment.

See, sometimes it's the little things that lift your spirits.

Another good thing that lifted my spirits was that I realized a couple of nights ago that running has gotten significantly easier for me.

When I got off the ship I worked on for five months, running in the south Florida heat really took a toll on me. I felt weak and got all dramatic about how I'm never going to run again. But after my run a couple nights ago, I thought about how easy that was. Sure it sucks that it's hot, and I should probably step up my game more... but it was the first time I felt strong in a long time.

Again, it's the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love reading what you have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!